Strengthening Communities in New Ways
You share our passion. You have ideas about how to improve your part of the world. And you know people who are willing to help. But there isn’t a Lions club near you. Don’t worry. That’s exactly how many of our clubs get started.
Choosing a Club Format
While community-based clubs are our tradition, we realize that one size does not fit all. That’s why we offer several club formats for you to choose from:
- Traditional Lions clubs are ideal for bringing together a group of community-minded people to serve the needs of their community in any way – and can be formed anywhere.
- New Century Lions clubs are designed for young adults who are age 35 or younger at the time of club formation, and offer flexibility to fit busy lifestyles. Members meet and volunteer as their schedules permit – and rely on Web resources to communicate and perform club administration.
- Campus Lions clubs are designed for college and university students, administrators, faculty, alumni and other community-minded individuals. Members serve the campus community while developing valuable leadership and business skills.
- Club branches enable a small group of people to form a Lions club and start making a difference in their community sooner. Members become part of an existing “parent” Lions club, but select their own projects and activities.
You can also start a new Lions club based on your interests or circumstances:
- Perhaps you have a hobby you enjoy, a community project you’d like to work on or want to volunteer with business colleagues. If so, a Special Interest Lions clubcould be right for you.
- Maybe you’d like to organize a club that includes members from distant geographic areas – or holds club meetings online for convenience. If so, a Cyber Lions club will help you organize a club through the Internet.
- Or, you might prefer to work on projects that serve people with intellectual disabilities. If so, a Special Olympics Lions Club might be a good choice for you.
Whatever the case, we will help you start a Lions club that works best for you and your community.
Ordering a Club Formation Kit
If you would like to receive a new club formation kit, please contact our new clubs team. Be sure to include your name, mailing address, phone number and the type of club you’re interested in.